HORSESHOE CANADA AGM 2006
The annual general meeting of Horseshoe Canada was called to order at 1:00 p.m., July 25, 2006 at the Community Hall, Manitou Beach, Sask. by President, Jack E. Adams who welcomed all present.
1. DELEGATES were:
B.C.: Vince Herkel & Guy Chaisson
Ont.: Jean Markle & Lia Snell
Alb. : Mary Holley & David Kilbourn
Qué.: André Leclerc
N.S.: Duncan McKenzie
Man.: Shirley Ann Fisher
Sask.: Charolette Demmans & Tammy Christensen
President Jack E. Adams
Vice-Pres.: Tony Rondow (past V.P.: Andre Leclerc)
Secretary Lia Snell (past Secr.: Kay McKay)
Treasurer Kathy Johnson
Public Relations Jean Markle
Yearbook Editor André Leclerc
Hall of Fame Jack Adams
CANSTATS Sam Tomasevic (absent)
Coach: West Tammy Christensen
(absent: Larry Lynch, Maritimes & Andy Kutsch, Ont.)
Tournament Director: Dianne Beck
Others attending: Ont. Stan, Sheila, Walter & Lucille Leis, John Snell, Wally Arnold, Larry Markle; B.C. Herb& Ida Boschman. A Radowits, Dan Coffin; Alb. Henry&Yvonne Veldhuis, Myrna Kissick, Winnona Kilbourn, T. Haynes, Sask.: Don Adams.
2.A moment of silence was observed for the horseshoe players that have passed on, followed by a tribute to Duke Procter, Aug. 18, 1899 - Dec.14 2005 ---pitched horseshoes to age 105.
3. The agenda was presented. .Moved by Tammy Christensen , seconded by David Kilbourn we accept the agenda. Carried.
4. Minutes of the 2005 meeting were read by the secretary.
5. Minutes were adopted as read by Jean Markle, seconded by Charolette Demmans. Carried.
6. The auditor's report was given by Jack E. Adams. Moved by Duncan McKenzie seconded by Vince Herkel this report be accepted. Carried.
7. Treasurer's report was given by Kathy Johnson. Moved by Andre`Leclerc we accept this report.. Seconded by Shirley Ann Fisher. Carried.
8. Correspondence -- Alberta submitted a bid for 2008. A letter from Cec Mitchell listed the new executive for Nova Scotia for 2007.
Tournament Director Dianne Beck gave her report (Tourn. dir. report attached) She also brought to the attention of the delegates that some decision must be made about the Sr. Ladies and Sr 40' Men divisions. The percentage difference is so great they cannot all go in the same class. and there are not enough to make multiple classes.
NHPA report was given by Andre Leclerc, who attended the meeting. 904 entries in Gillette Wy. 33 Canadians. Alan Francis won his 12th title. Colin Finnie 6th. Stan Leis 12th, Duncan McKenzie 13th In Ladies, Joan Elmore won, Sylvianne Moisan was 2nd, Lucy Turcotte 11th. Lucille Leis won the Sr. Ladies, Angeline Moisan was 3rd. In juniors, Drew Becker lost in a playoff so was 2nd. 2007 Ardmore Ok, July 23 - Aug. 4. 2008 Decatur, Alabama. 40 charters decreased in membershjp, 15 increased.
Rules have been rewritten into Rules, Guidelines and Specifications.
Rules and Regulations Jack Adams. No Change. .
Yearbook - Andre Leclerc. 185 books were printed.not all sold. Cost has been cut to
$ 6.00 but we sell them for $ 10.00
Coaching No report.
Hall of Fame Jack Adams This year, outstanding male player. Inductee at the banquet will be Russell Christopher Next year Outstanding Organizer Male and Female.
Progress 2007 Championships Woodstock, Ont. Meeting July 10, play July 11 - 14.
Jean Markle handed out information packages to the delegates.
CANSTATS (Canstats Report attached).
Public Relations Jean Markle reported a lot of sick people sent out many get well and sympathy cards. Caught up on back pins. 2004 anniversary pin pic of Jean and Jack.
2005 4 dead. 2006 T.D. pin. There will be raffles at the tables and Jean will have game related items.
President Jack E. Adams Executive committee to formulate a five year plan for the organization. Continue to encourage juniors.
Moved by David Kilbourn the reports be accepted seconded by Charolette Demmans Carried
10. Business arising from reports
Moved by Shirley Ann Fisher seconded by Mary Holley that J H Stinn be our auditor for 2006. Carried.
Moved by Charolette Demmans the Senior Ladies and 40 Senior Men categories be eliminated. Seconded Tammy Christensen. As long as the category is held at the provincial level we must have it at the national level. Moved by David Kilbourn seconded by Duncan McKenzie we table this until next year. Carried.
11. Unfinished business Resolution tabled from 2005 Moved by Dianne Beck seconded by Kay McKay that plaque type trophies for the eight championship classes be made and that a box be made to hold them for easy shipping. These could be at the tournament each year for pictures. 2006 this motion passed.
12. Business Moved by Jean Markle that the Tournament Director position be elected every three years instead of two so it will be in the west one time and the east the next. Seconded by Vince Herkel. Carried. Moved by David Kilbourn this be started with the election this year and continue thereafter. Seconded by Shirley Ann Fisher. Carried.
13. Canadian Championships Moved by Charolette Demmans we accept Calgary's bid to host the 2008 Canadian Championships. Seconded by Shirley Ann Fisher. Carried.
2007 Woodstock Ont. 2008 Calgary Ab. 2009 a bid has been received from Aylmer, Ont.
14. Question put forward When can a pitcher step over the foul line when delivering a shoe? At no time.
15. Election of Directors Vice - President (2 years) Andre Leclerc declined Tony Rondow accepted. Tony Rondow, Vice- President.
Secretary (2 years) Kay McKay declined Mary Holley declined, Lia Snell accepted, Tammy Christensen declined. Lia Snell Secretary.
Tournament Director Dianne Beck accepted Wally Arnold accepted...Dianne Beck for 1 year, Wally Arnold for 3 years. Dianne takes 2007 entries, Wally 2008.
16 Appointments by the President.
National Award Charman Dorothy Butts
NHPA representative Andre` Leclerc
Rules and regulations chariman Jack Adams
Hall of Fame Chairman Jack Adams
Canstats Sam Tomasevic
Yearbook Editor Andre` Leclerc
Coaching as above
17 Meeting adjournment Duncan McKenzie Lia Snell