March 8, 2004
Horseshoe Canada Hall of Fame Artifacts
VIRTUAL HALL OF FAME ARTIFACTS
Some special scoresheets:
Special newspaper clippings:
- Sarnia Canadian Observer (Front page! Nov. 26, 1927) showing Billy Struthers at the 1927 Canadian championships
- Sarnia Canadian Observer (Nov. 26, 1927) showing doubles champs Walter Kane & Billy Struthers at the 1927 Canadian championships
- Edmonton Journal article on first Alberta provincial championships (1928)
- The Globe (Nov. 30, 1928) pictures and article on 1928 Canadian championships
- The Mail and Empire (Nov. 29, 1929) pictures of doubles and singles champ - 1929 Canadian championships (note that Brown & Coulter won the rural doubles while the Dominion doubles champs were John & Stan Riley)
- Regina Leader Post (July 5, 1930) article on Walter Kane touring West promoting horseshoes
- Regina Leader Post (August 5, 1930) article on Saskatchewan Provincials won by Tony Pershick (reported in the 1931 Yearbook as the first Saskatchewan Provincial championships).
- Winnipeg Free Press (August 12, 1935) picture of Women and Veteran at Free Press Tournament, Winnipeg Beach (there were more than 175 contestants in this tournament won by Eddy Ballendine. Maureen Galt, pictured at extreme-left, was a star of the 1930s winning at least 4 consecutive Manitoba Provincial Women's titles).
Pictures and trophies:
- Dean McLaughlin's 1937 Ontario Provincial Championship trophy
Back to Main Page